The Propane Autogas Advantage for Your Fleet
Taxis, school buses, limousine services, ambulances, delivery vehicles, and other light- to medium-duty fleets around the country are making the switch to propane autogas.
Whether they’re buying new vehicles or converting their old ones, smart owners and fleet managers are turning to propane autogas because:
- It costs less – Autogas typically costs considerably less per gallon than gasoline or diesel, and is usually the lowest priced alternative fuel for your fleet.
- It reduces engine wear – Propane’s higher octane rating means you will spend less money on maintenance and keep your vehicles on the road for longer.
- It’s road tested – More than 17 million vehicles around the world are already using autogas; in fact, it’s the third most common vehicle fuel in the world.
- It’s safe – The Federal government considers propane a safe vehicle fuel, and tanks are 20 times as puncture-resistant as gasoline tanks. Among alternative motor fuels, propane has the lowest flammability range.
- It’s ready available – Because propane is already produced in natural gas and oil refineries, no new technology or capital investment is needed for the industry to add capacity. Fueling stations are becoming more common, too, with more than 2,500 already in place.
- It’s eco-friendly – Autogas produces 20 percent less carbon monoxide, 40 percent less nitrogen oxide, and 10 percent less carbon dioxide than gasoline. By “Going green,” your business can help the environment and strengthen its message to environmentally conscious customers.
- It’s good for the country – More than 90 percent of the US supply of autogas is produced right here at home, so every gallon you buy reduces our country’s dependence on foreign oil.
To learn more about Koppy’s autogas options for your light- or medium-duty fleet, or to schedule a meeting with one of our propane autogas representatives, contact us today.