Seven Ways to Get More from Your Propane Cooking Range
If you’re using a propane range and cooktop, you’re already paying about half as much to run it as you would an electric model (congratulations on the smart move)!
Still, you can get even better performance from your propane gas range and save money on your monthly energy bill with just a little investment of time and effort.
Try these simple tips and tricks for your propane cooking range and you’ll use only the propane you need:
- Watch the flame color – If the flame on your propane range burns yellow rather than blue, it is wasting energy and needs service.
- Check the seal on your oven door – Tears in the seal allow heat to escape.
- Clean the range window – Every time you open the range door it costs you heat…and money.
- Use highly conductive cookware and a lower flame – A high flame won’t necessarily cook your food faster, but it will use more propane. Today’s cookware holds heat very well – you probably don’t need as much heat as you think.
- Use the right burner – Putting a small pot on a large burner can waste 40 percent of the burner’s heat.
- When you bake, fill your oven – Use as much space as possible once you turn on your oven – you can always freeze portions for later.
- Use glass or ceramic dishes – Glass and ceramic dishes don’t require as high a cooking temperature to cook your meal, so you’ll use less gas.
Still have an electric stove or range? What are you waiting for – contact Koppy’s today and get cooking with gas, just like the pros!