Have a hearth: Options for your dream propane fireplace
Nothing beats cozying up to a roaring fire on a cold day* here in Pennsylvania – except doing all of that at the touch of a button, with no set up or cleanup hassles and no crazy costs for masonry construction.
Thanks to propane, you can get all the benefits of a wood-burning fireplace – plus a source of emergency heat in the event of a power outage – without any of the drawbacks.
But how do you pick the perfect propane fire feature for your home? Here are some basics to get you started.
Your propane hearth: Choices, choices…
There are two basic categories of propane hearths:
- Propane fireplaces (structures that you install along a blank wall); and
- Propane fireplace log sets/inserts (devices you add to an existing wood-burning fireplace).
Whichever option you choose, you will have three basic considerations to keep in mind:
- Venting – The two most common venting options are direct and vent-free; the one that is most practical and safe will depend on conditions in your home, safety laws where you live, and your budget.
- Space –With a propane fireplace, size and power usually go together. You’ll need to know how much space you can spare for a fireplace – and how much heat you will need to warm the room.
- Looks – There are many trim features and options available for your fireplace – from simple modern to more classic designs. Whatever look you’re going for, we’ll help you find it.
Our propane hearth experts can help you answer these questions and any others you might have so you can get started on the road to your dream propane fire feature!
Come home to a roaring fire at the flick of a switch this fall and winter – contact Koppy’s Propane today to get started.
*Yes, it’s 90 degrees this week…but be ready: fall will be here before you know it!