Check out our new Customer Portal to view your account, request deliveries and pay your bill! Click here
Getting More from Your Propane Cooking Range
If you’re using a propane cooking range and oven rather than an electric model, congratulations – you’re already saving big on your energy bills (if you’re not, what are you waiting for?)
But you can always squeeze more performance out of your propane range with just a small investment of time and effort. Try these seven simple tips and tricks to get the most from your propane cooking range:
- Watch the flame’s color – A blue flame is a healthy flame – If the flame on your propane range burns yellow, your range needs maintenance or a repair.
- Check the oven door seal – A worn or torn seal wastes heat.
- Clean your oven doors – If oven doors are clean, you can view cooking progress through them rather than by opening the range door and wasting heat.
- Keep the burner flame as low as possible – Modern cookware is extremely conductive – most of the time you don’t need as high a flame as you think to cook your food thoroughly.
- Match the pot and burner sizes – Putting a small pot on a large burner can waste 40 percent of the burner’s heat.
- Cook foods together – Try to use as much of the space in your oven as possible when you turn it on – you can always freeze portions for later.
- Use glass or ceramic dishes – Glass and ceramic dishes are efficient vessels for cooking, so you don’t need as high a cooking temperature to cook your meal.
Looking for more ways to get the most out of your propane-powered home? Contact us to learn more!