Check out our new Customer Portal to view your account, request deliveries and pay your bill! Click here
How Do I Choose a Propane Gas Range?
A new propane gas range is a significant investment – and an important one if you plan to be doing a lot of cooking and entertaining in your southeastern Pennsylvania home. But how do you choose one that’s right for your lifestyle and budget?
Here are seven questions to ask yourself that will help guide you on your next propane gas range purchase.
7 questions when buying a propane gas range:
- How much space do I have? The standard width for a four-burner propane gas range is 30 inches, but narrower and wider options are available.
- How much power do I need? The output of propane gas range burners is measured in Btus, or British thermal units. Typically, the Btu output of burners on a propane stove or cooktop ranges from 5,000 and 17,000 BTU (British thermal units) per hour. Look for a model that offers burners with a range of heat outputs to handle different cooking tasks (boiling water and simmering, for example).
- Are the burners sealed? Look for a range with sealed burners to make cleanup easier. A spill-blocking elevated edge around the burner perimeter helps, too.
- Can I read all the controls? When it comes to cooking, sometimes less is more. Consider whether you need electronic displays or if you would be content with a model that uses simple analog dials.
- Is it safe for my family? Look for propane ranges that offer lockout features to prevent children from accessing the cooktop and oven.
- Is it big enough for the way I entertain? Consider the size of your family and your cooking and entertainment tendencies to determine whether your gas range is large enough for your typical use.
- What does the warrantee say? Compare warrantees of similar propane gas ranges; coverage could favor one model over the other when the decision is a close one.
Want to install a new propane gas range in southeastern Pennsylvania? We’ve got quality options available for your kitchen from Frigidaire and other top brands. Contact us today to learn more and get a FREE estimate on a propane gas range in PA!